Annuals/Cabbage

Question
Cabbage
Cabbage  
Last year I grew cabbage. I did not dig up the roots in the fall. This spring leaves grew again. The plant is not forming a ball. Yellow flowers grew at the tops of the plant. What should I do?

Answer
Brian, cabbage is an annual vegetable.  Once it produces flowers, it has gone to seed and will no longer form a head.  At this point, just pull the plant by the roots and discard it in your compost pile.  Since it is always a good idea to rotate your plants, I would advise that you plant cabbage in a different area of the garden this year and use this space for a different vegetable.

I hope this answers your question.  Enjoy the weekend.

Mike

Annuals

Mike Mascio