Annuals/wave petunia

Question
Dear Long Island Gardener,

I have 8-in hanging basket, how many wave petunia should i plant in the basket? whether one plant will make a full hanging basket?

Best ragerds,
Hoa

Answer
For quick results, put 2-3 plants in the basket and transplant as the basket fills out.

Note that Waves, like all Petunias, need full sun to bloom and grow.

You cannot compensate by fertilizing them or watering or talking to them.  They need sunlight.

The more sun you give them in their baskets, the faster they will fill in.  Be sure to pinch (prune) the tips to encourage side growth (and more flowers).

But even with no care at all, foolproof Waves are guaranteed to bloom with abandon.

P.S. - DO NOT FERTILIZE.  

Annuals

Long Island Gardener