Anorexia/Eating Disorders/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
ice eating habit8/24/2016Ryan Hale
  Q: I have been eating ice since 6 years. i am now 20 year old but i can not control my self to eating ...
  A: I would need to know more about your situation to really form a better opinion. I'm guessing that ...
Eating disorder7/12/2016Mary Pritchard
  Q: I think I might have a binge-eating disorder but I'm not sure, what are the signs and symptoms?
  A: I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. The current Diagnostic Criteria for Binge Eating Disorder ...
Swollen face after recovery?1/24/2016Jeanne Rust, PhD
  Q: I'm a 20 year old female who has been weight restored from orthorexia/anorexia for over 2 months. I ...
  A: I've seen a little bit of everything during the years I've helped young women. A swollen face is ...
eating disorderd12/30/2015Jeanne Rust, PhD
  Q: I cannot believe the advise you are giving.To tell an anorexic to avoid foods and exercise is ...
  A: I do not recall where I might have told someone to avoid certain foods unless they happen to have ...
have i recovered from anorexia?8/30/2015Jeanne Rust, PhD
  Q: i'm a 17 years old girl who has suffered from anorexia for 2 years. today i got my periods back !! ...
  A: Hanane, I've spoken with you several times before -- The only thing you need to do is to start ...
previous message8/23/2015Ryan Hale
  Q: Ryan...I sent you an email on August 17 or 18...I still haven't received a response? Colleen M. ...
  A: Sorry for the delay Colleen. You had a few questions so let me try to take them one by one: As for ...
anorexia recovery fat vs muscle gaining8/5/2015Jeanne Rust, PhD
  Q: i'm a 17 years old girl; i had anorexia since i was 15; i started at a weight of 53 kg (154 cm ) ...
  A: The facts are that you have anorexia nervosa. I'm so glad you went to the doctor! I'm also happy ...
Anorexia recovery7/14/2015Jeanne Rust, PhD
  Q: I've been struggling with Anorexia for about 4 years now (I just turned 17) and I am working on ...
  A: No, this is not normal behavior -- however it is normal for someone who is anorexic. You need to ...
afraid6/22/2015Jeanne Rust, PhD
  Q: i hope your doing well. I've had Purging and heavy restricting issues for the past few years, i've ...
  A: I'm so glad that you wrote! It sounds to me as if you are suffering from anorexia nervosa! The ...
Bulimia Recovery6/11/2015Jeanne Rust, PhD
  Q: I am 24 years old and this is my second week in recovery (after 9 years of bulimia). In the past I ...
  A: Yay! Yay!! I hope you're still on the recovery path. It's so hard to do this! You're definitely ...
Eating issues2/4/2015Mary Pritchard
  Q: I hope you are well. Idk if you remember me im a 22 year old male and I asked you for advice on how ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this. I know you don't want to, but I think ...
Eating problems2/4/2015Meg
  Q: Im a 22 year old male. When i was younger i was chubby and starved myself tp lose weight, going from ...
  A: First off, so sorry that you're dealing with all of this and I hope that I can help (or at least ...
Delayed puberty and weight gain1/17/2015Mary Pritchard
  Q: Around the time I regained my period after losing at age 14 with anorexia I gained a large amount of ...
  A: Your weight gain is likely a combination of your hormonal changes (higher levels of estrogen caused ...
Extreme hunger1/3/2015Mary Pritchard
  Q: 5'8, and I'm recovering from anorexia, my stomach has been hurting and I didn't want to believe it ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this. Yes, this normal. There may be two things going on here: ...
Repairng metabolism after annorexia12/16/2014Ryan Hale
  Q: I've suffered with an eating disorder for 5 years and even though I recovered my eating to around ...
  A: The job of your metabolism is to store and expend your body's energy so you survive. If you have had ...
Is it possible that I may have anorexia?12/16/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I began to binge eat in 2013 but I never put on the weight, surprisingly. And since August this ...
  A: Yes, you have an eating disorder. Admitting you have a problem is only half the battle. Please tell ...
Resetting metabolism11/17/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I've been eating 1200 for around 9/10 months.. I'm really worried about weight gain during resetting ...
  A: There are no absolutes, but every client I've ever worked with has been able to increase their ...
Insulin resistance and chewing and spitting11/16/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: Last year I suffered with chewing and spitting disorder as part of my anorexia, around the same time ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this. In answer to your question, yes, it is possible. What is ...
How do I get started?11/11/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I have suffered from anorexia for 14 years and, at the age of 30, am now at the stage where I ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this but thank you for having the courage to reach out. Are you ...
Could I have an eating disorder?11/9/2014Ryan Hale
  Q: Hey, For a while now I haven't been able to eat, or more that I just haven't been hungry. I'm ...
  A: It sounds as though you might be dealing with irritable bowel syndrome that could be associated with ...
I cant eat11/5/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I'm a 13 year old girl and the sight and bought if food makes me feel sick. Ive had to force myself ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this. Your mother is correct - this is not normal. You said this ...
My daughter throws up just thinking about food!9/20/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: My child feels extremely nauseated even when she thinks about food. She doesn't like any food at ...
  A: This sounds horrible. I am so sorry you are going through this. I have a few follow-up questions: ...
Weight and food8/31/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I am four years into recovery from an eating disorder. I struggled from fifteen to thirty. I was ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this. Recovering from an eating disorder can be trying, to say ...
EASY DOES IT8/3/2014Ryan Hale
  Q: I was wondering would you please tell me: is a fact that people who have brain damage resulting in ...
  A: This is really not my area of expertise and I'm not qualified to answer. I have a colleague who is a ...
Fasting7/16/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: Hey there, so I have a question about fasting. I fasted for 3 days awhile back and started to ...
  A: I'll answer your questions as best I can. 1) What could cause this rash? The short answer is that ...
Rate of loss7/16/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: so I'm 14 5'5.5 125lbs. I was 132 and I went down to 115 and hovered around 120-125 lately. My goal ...
  A: I am so sorry you're going through this. I know you're frustrated but know that it will get better. ...
Anorexia on my period6/25/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I lost too much weight in half a year so my period stopped(because of hormonal unbalance) for more ...
  A: Your period is a function of your hormone levels. Reproductive hormones are synthesized by body fat. ...
hi4/27/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: What are the health consequences of bulimia?
  A: Bulimia can cause: 1) Electrolyte imbalances that can lead to irregular heartbeats and possibly ...
Binge eating3/31/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: over the past 2-3 years i have been on a constant diet, i have gone from 189lbs to 125lbs and back ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this. As you cannot seek professional help, I am sending you to ...
what is my problem?3/22/2014Ryan Hale
  Q: ""Ok for a good year now I have not ate at a fast food place or at a dinner. I can't eat at school ...
  A: This sounds like it may be social anxiety disorder or a form of obsessive compulsive disorder. These ...
Do I have an eating disorder?3/21/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I was curious and yesterday weighed myself, since the last time weighed myself I lost 4 pounds. ...
  A: It's hard to tell from the information you've provided me - time between weigh ins, your current ...
Questions on eating disorders and what to do.3/18/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: I have a question about my friend. I don't know if I should be worried or not. A few months ago she ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately, you can't help people who won't admit they ...
Overweight vs Underweight3/16/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: But right now I'm so confused, the other day our health class was talking about body weight and ...
  A: Your teacher is right. The more you weigh, the stronger you are. You have more body mass to move the ...
Project Research2/15/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: ) So I am a 9th Grader and I was assigned a project in health class to research a type of ...
  A: I actually recently recorded a video series on YouTube about eating disorders that should answer ...
EDNOS?2/6/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: Okay so over the course of probably the last 6 months I have lost 50 pounds, I believe I have an ...
  A: What you are describing actually sounds more like Atypical Anorexia Nervosa under the new diagnostic ...
Help1/24/2014Mary Pritchard
  Q: My daughter is 5' 2" and 91lbs. Should I be worried about an eating disorder? ANSWER: Hi Jenn, It ...
  A: That is troubling. Do you have insurance? Do they cover mental health? If so, please get her into ...
Feeling beat1/7/2014Ryan Hale
  Q: A close friend of mine thinks I need to gain weight that I am too skinny but I also think she needs ...
  A: When I worked in college football, we had a coach who weighed around 400 lbs. I was a ...
Facial change with anorexia12/14/2013Mary Pritchard
  Q: I am in desperate need of some advice and I hope you can help. I had anorexia for around 7 months ...
  A: I'm sorry you are going through this. I have a few ideas. The facial swelling is likely caused by ...
Eating Disorders12/8/2013Mary Pritchard
  Q: I have a question about eating disorders, specifically anorexia. So I'm 13 years old and I currently ...
  A: Please don't do this to yourself. You are a beautiful young woman and I would hate for you to do ...
Overeating girlfriend11/25/2013Mary Pritchard
  Q: My girlfriend of a few years has been a compulsive overeater since I have known her. She also ...
  A: I am so sorry you are going through this. Helping a loved one with an eating disorder is never easy. ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard

Top Expert on this page