Anorexia/Eating Disorders/pregnancy after bulimia

ctf wrote at 2012-12-19 20:42:00
I was bulimic when i conceived my son.  I have been anorexic/bulimic for about 10 years.  I didn't have my period for about 3 years in that time frame.  I got married in 2010 and was still not recovered.  I found out i was pregnant about 2 months later and was able to fight the urge to purge from about week 13 on (before that i was so nauseous i didn't know if it was the ed or morning sickness causing me to throw up).  Good news is that i went on to have a healthy pregnancy and now have a healthy 17 month old.  I have been able to keep the ed at bay and recently found out we are expecting #2.  Not that i am saying the recovery plan for ed's is to get pregnant, but in my case it helped make the weight gain acceptable.  Unfortunately i didn't share with my Dr, so i still feel alone and struggled through it myself.  Good luck!

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Leigh-Anne Persing, PA-C

Currently a Physician Assistant in General Surgery. Have personal experience with anorexia and bulimia, as well as eating disorders in pregnancy.

Personal experience. Health care professional

Certified Physician Assistant. "A Body to Die for" training for health care professionals (held by the Renfrew Center Foundation)