Anorexia/Eating Disorders/Eating Disorder

Question
My daughter has had eating disorder for the past 2 years and she has been hospitalized due to low weight and has been through intensive inpatient care in reputable center and was able to restore her weight and now has been in outpatient treatment in group as well as individual counseling and care of dietitian and she has lost 10 lbs since her intensive inpatient treatment and continues to have issues with control of her weight. I am very confused and have helped her as her dad through this complex disease I would appreciate any insight and help you may have for her to restore her weight please let me know. Best regards, Anthony

Answer
It sounds like you are doing everything you can.  If she needs residential treatment again, I wouldn't hesitate to do that.  There are so many levels to what is going on that it really takes a team of family physician, psychiatrist, family therapist, individual therapist, group counseling, even art therapy is very helpful, and of course, someone on the nutrition end.  I would make sure there isn't any area that is left uncovered.

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Ryan Hale