Anorexia/Eating Disorders/under weight


hay, im 18 im 5'1 and im 84 pounds am i anerexic? and do i need to see a doctor?

Shannnon - that sounds really low to me.  The Centers for Disease Control body mass index recommends that your lowest healthy weight is 98lbs, which still seems really low.  I think 100lbs would be the lowest you should be.  your body mass index is at 15.9 which puts you below starvation level.  You should see your doctor.  if you are still in school a good place to start would be wth the student health nurse on your school's campus.

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ryan Hale


I can answer questions specifically geared towards athletes and their eating issues. I would be able to assist parents or coaches with questions or concerns about disordered eating practices often found in the exercise and sports settings. I also have experience in training and conditioning so I am in a position to discus how the two interrelate.


I have a bachelor's degree in sports medicine and master's degrees in sport psychology and clinical counseling. I have done counseling with individuals, couples, and families, with specialization in athletes. Past clients have included triathletes, dancers, college cyclists, and Pro Tour cyclists.

National Athletic Trainer's Assoc. American Counseling Assoc

bachelor's degree sports medicine master's degree sport psychology master's degree clinical counseling Nationally Certified Athletic Trainer with NATABOC Nationally Certified Counselor with NBCC Colorado Registered Psychotherapist

Past/Present Clients
U.S. national team level female athletes High school athletes Semi-pro soccer Pro Tour cyclists Triathletes Dancers

©2017 All rights reserved.