Anorexia/Eating Disorders/could it be too late to get my period or sex drive back?

Question
QUESTION: i asked this question before and i came across this product

>> Horny Goat Weed Extract  -   With Maca Root!  - Help Support Hormonal Vitality!*

>> and also a VITEX product
>>  and a Royal Jelly

what would be you opinion on these 3 products?

Thankyou

ANSWER: Hi Jessica,

1) I would avoid the first one. Horny Goat Weed has only been tested on men with erectile dysfunction and results are mixed. It's also supposed to have some pretty bad side effects. Maca is a different story. While results on its effectiveness as a sexual aid are mixed, it's known for its properties as an adaptogen and can help with stress. So if you are stressed out, you might try Maca Powder on its own, but I wouldn't count on it to increase your libido.

2) There is some evidence that Vitex helps with PMS, but that doesn't help you. No evidence it helps with libido or getting your period back.

3) The same is true for royal jelly. It may help with PMS, but no evidence it helps with libido or getting your period back.

In sum, save your money. There is no evidence that any of these herbs can help you. Sorry!

QUESTION: THANKYOU

so what would be the best to get back my libido?  just prenatal vitamins?

Answer
Hi Jessica,

No - the prenatals are only part of the equation. To get your libido back, you also need to get your hormones back. To do that, you need to gain enough weight to get your period again. The omega 3 supplements I recommended should also help with your hormone balance. If I hear of anything else that actually works, I'll let you know. :)

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard