Anorexia/Eating Disorders/Resetting metabolism

Question

I've been eating 1200 for around 9/10 months.. I'm really worried about weight gain during resetting my metabolism as due to the unexplained weight gain last year I am well into a healthy weight category and don't want to go any higher.. Any way you could reassure me that my metabolism will go back to normal?

Thanks,

Erin

Answer
HI Erin,

There are no absolutes, but every client I've ever worked with has been able to increase their metabolism. If you appear to be gaining weight at first know that it's likely water weight and it will slow down. Plus, 100 calories is not that much.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard