Anorexia/Eating Disorders/EDNOS?

Question
Okay so over the course of probably the last 6 months I have lost 50 pounds, I believe I have an eating disorder whatever kind it is. I have been to the doctors ect and have been referred to an eating disorder clinic. But I want to know, do I have ednos? I don't have my period anymore, haven't since the beginning of my restrictive behavior. Constant feeling of dizziness, shaking, coldness, nausea and weakness. Hairloss is a big issue with me too. After reading about EDNOS online, I discovered that someone who falls into this category often binges and has very low calorie days but also will binge on 2000+ calories some days. But I'm not like that, I restrict everyday never going over 900 calories, which is a lot more than what I used to eat. So what do I fall into? Also, I'm not underweight either. I am 14 years old, 171.5 cm and probably about 125 pounds.

Answer
Hi Megan,

What you are describing actually sounds more like Atypical Anorexia Nervosa under the new diagnostic criteria. Basically, you meet all of the criteria for the binge-purge subtype of Anorexia Nervosa except that you are not underweight. Atypical Anorexia Nervosa is under the subcategory of Other specified feeding or eating disorder 307.59 (F50.8) - the new version of EDNOS.

I am so relieved that you are seeking treatment. Good luck!  

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard