Anorexia/Eating Disorders/Do I have an eating disorder?

I was curious and yesterday weighed myself, since the last time weighed myself I lost 4 pounds. Today I weighed myself and lost another 6. I am very confused since I've been eating more than usual lately. Sorry if I'm asking this question in the wrong place. I've also been very tired the last couple of weeks as well. Is it normal to lose this much weight so quickly without trying?
Thanks for reading this.

Hi RJ,

It's hard to tell from the information you've provided me - time between weigh ins, your current weight and height, eating and activity habits, etc. It is definitely not normal to lose weight without altering your eating or exercise habits. I suggest you contact your medical doctor ASAP and get in for some blood tests to check your blood sugar level and other markers that may help explain what is going on.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard

I can answer questions about the psychology of eating, disordered eating attitudes and behaviors such as drive for thinness, drive for muscularity, binge eating, body dysmorphia, dieting, excessive/obsessive exercise, and body dissatisfaction. I can also answer questions about anorexia and bulimia.

I have a PhD in Psychology and teach courses in the Psychology of Health and the Psychology of Eating. I have been conducting research on disordered eating and exercise behaviors for 15 years.

Midwestern psychological association, rocky mountain psychological association

Over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles in journals such as Eating Behaviors, Eating Disorders, and Eating and Weight Disorders

PhD in Psychology from the University of Denver

30 teaching awards, have received funding to conduct my research from academic institutions and state and local government