Anorexia/Eating Disorders/Extreme hunger

Question
Hi I'm female, 5'8, and I'm recovering from anorexia, my stomach has been hurting and I didn't want to believe it was hunger after a meal because, well, I thought I had just ate why would I be hungry? I think I'm experiencing extreme hunger, it usually hapens on days where my eating schedule is interupted, I had breakfast at Dennie's, trail mix snack, lunch, and buffalo wings with waffle fries for dinner, then my stomach hurt more so I had crunch n munch, banana muffins mini (4) pack, a leftover chicken wing, fruit snacks, cheeze it's, rice Krispy treat. Is this normal to be doing during recovery?

Answer
Hi Jordan,

I am so sorry you are going through this. Yes, this normal. There may be two things going on here: 1) your body is relearning what hunger feels like, and 2) your body is getting used to eating foods it hasn't had in a while and your stomach is upset. If you suspect it's the latter, I recommend taking digestive enzymes when you eat. You could also try eating fewer processed foods and more natural foods. I can help you with a meal plan if you'd like. As best you can during this time, try to eat several small meals a day (aim to eat every 2 to 3 hours). Eat each time until you are comfortably full and try to focus on getting a balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fats.

Please let me know if you need a meal plan or anything else. Good luck!

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard