Anorexia/Eating Disorders/eating disorderd

Question
I cannot believe the advise you are giving.To tell an anorexic to avoid foods and exercise is irresponsible.You obviously have no training in this field.The information you are dispensing is dangerous.

Answer
Dear Jaclyn,

I do not recall where I might have told someone to avoid certain foods unless they happen to have hyperglycemia and they have a sensitivity to sugar.

Yes, I do tell some people not to exercise if they have severe medical problems as a result of an eating disorder or if they are anorexic and have very low weight or if they're addicted to exercise.

I have 30+ years of experience in the field of eating disorders and have a PhD in clinical psychology.

Warmly,
Jeanne Rust, PhD
Owner
Mirasol Recovery Centers
Www.mirasol.net

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Jeanne Rust, PhD