Anorexia/Eating Disorders/Eating issues

Question
Hello, I hope you are well. Idk if you remember me im a 22 year old male and I asked you for advice on how to stop throwing up and you were very kind and helpful. I started throwing up, fasting and excersizing alot when I gained 30 pounds after getting married and having a child and I told myself id stop after losing 20 pounds, I now weigh 133 down from 168 ( im 5'6)and still can't stop and still hate my body, my throat, head and stomach hurt constantly and I've always been afraid to take off my shirt in bedand now I find I have no sex drive, I have trouble getting aroused and when I do I cannot "finish". My wife is frustrated and I think she suspects something. I also feel incredibly lonely. Are geese normal symptoms? Im sorry to bother u again and Im sorry for these personnel details, do u have any advice?  All the best.

Answer
Hi Steve,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this. I know you don't want to, but I think it's time you seek professional help. Your sexual side effects are the result of your prolonged bout with bulimia. It's not going to get better side effect wise. For example, tooth erosion becomes common after a year or two with bulimia due to the stomach acid from the vomiting. Your sense of loneliness will also likely get worse. Please let me help you find a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.  

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Mary Pritchard