Anorexia/Eating Disorders/Bulimia Recovery

Question
Hi Jeanne,

I am 24 years old and this is my second week in recovery (after 9 years of bulimia). In the past I tried 3 or 4 times to recover but I always failed. However, even with the gas and everything I never had the issues I have now. This time I have belching issues everyday (like rotten egg burps)and quite annoying abdominal pain and of course gas. Do you think this is normal? Should I consult a doctor or should I wait a bit more for my body to heal itself? It feels like it will never go away :( But I am not giving up on recovery whatever happens. Thanks for your help!

Answer
Jeannie.jpg
Jeannie.jpg  
Dear Nil,

Yay!  Yay!!  I hope you're still on the recovery path.  It's so hard to do this!  You're definitely to be congratulated.  Remember, you've never failed treatment, but it's the kind of treatment that's failed you!

By all means go to the doctor.  Get checked out.  The gas and burping is normal as you begin to let food stay in your stomach.  The abdominal pain can really be an issue.  Some good probiotics can help ease some of your digestive difficulties.  The discomfort will eventually go away but in the meantime, please see your doc!  Let me know what he/she says!

Warmly,
Jeanne Rust, PhD
CEO/Founder
Mirasol

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Jeanne Rust, PhD