Anorexia/Eating Disorders/have i recovered from anorexia?

Question
dear jeanne
i'm a 17 years old girl who has suffered from anorexia for 2 years.
today i got my periods back !! i'm very excited for that! still i am a bit worried : my lowest weight was 39.5 kg and now i am 46 kg and 154 cm . the problemm is that i am all flabby and my  body fat pencentage is 25 . i don't know if i'm totally recovered and i want to lose weight and stop eating 2050 calories like i used to do these past months to gain weight because i think i'm fat enough . in fact i was thinking of eating normal again aproximatly 1700 calories and maybe go to the gym to lower my body fat percentage .THE PROBLEM IS that one and a half months ago  i got my periods back and then lost them after cutting down calories + exercising ( i was fasting during ramadan) so i don't know if i should lower my calories intake and start exercising or not! i am glad i am at a healthy weight but my belly is big and my thighs are huge and have saddel bags on them. i feel like all the weight i put on is pure fat without a single kg of muscle. this a nightmare: i don't want to lose weight but i also want to lose the fat .PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO !

Answer
Hi, Hanane,

I've spoken with you several times before --
The only thing you need to do is to start exercizing!  Cuting calories at this time just throws you back into the eating disorder -- and you know that!

Let me know how you do -- I'm thrilled you got your period!

warmly,
Jeannie

Anorexia/Eating Disorders

Jeanne Rust, PhD