Anthropology/Sumerian ethnicity

Mehmet Özarslan wrote at 2013-01-26 17:10:04
The linguistic descendents of Sumerians are Hungarians and Turkics. In modern Day

Turkish there are over 300 very similar words to Sumerian. Hungarian grammar holds

many similarities to Sumerian. In Turkey some people are named Sümer or Akat.

Mehmet Özarslan wrote at 2013-01-26 17:10:14

ztech wrote at 2013-03-20 15:10:32
To say descendants of Sumerians include Iraqis is entirely misleading, and neglects a lot of history.  Modern Iraqis speak a Semetic tongue, and can trace their origins (primarily) to Arabs who originated south of the middle east. This is well supported by genetic data.  

The abundance of evidence suggests Sumerians, originated from a population or Iranian highlanders, and shared a common source with the civilization known as the Elamites (whom inhabitaed s.west iran).  These two civilizations show the earliest forms of proto-writing.  It has been suggested that the common link between the two civilizations can be traced to the Susa culture.  

Anthropology

John Shea