Anthropology/humans in Africa

Question
I'm interested in the prehistory of homo sapiens in Africa. We hear a lot about the spread of humans out of Africa to the rest of the world, but most people living at that time stayed in Africa and their descendants continued to live there. Is there a good source of information on African history and culture from say 100,000 years ago to the development and spread of agriculture?  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Sheila
There are several very good college-level textbooks on this subject.
The two we use most often at my university are
L. Barham and P. Mitchell The First Africans
D. Phillipson African Archaeology
There are, of course, many others, but these two cover Pleistocene and Holocene (<12,500 BP) very well.
Cheers,
John Shea  

Anthropology

John Shea