Anthropology/Culrtural realtivism

Question
whats a good way to describe how cultural relativism and race can influence someones perception of other people?? Also how the two are interrelated.

Answer
Tigest,

Cultural relativisim is a view that each culture is unique and its moral and ethical perspective is correct for that culture.  In a broader view there is no "good" or "bad"; "right or wrong" when compairing cultures.  Because of the unique nature of each culture to "superimpose" the veiws of other cutures is inappropriate if not down right wrong.

Since race is a "part of a cultural viewpoint" it would be approached in the same relativistic way.  Where in some cultures race plays a significant role and in others not as much.  The right or wrong if this is immaterial on a broader perspective and is only relative to that culture.

I hope that I was able to provide an adequate response, it is a difficult area.  If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Ralph

Anthropology

Ralph Salier