Antique Advertising Items/coca cola max headroom catch the wave sign

Question
Max Headroom
Max Headroom  

Max Headroom
Max Headroom  
HIDALE.
I have a 3 foot high by 7 foot long wood coca cola max headroom catch the wave sign.
It is in very good condition with bright colors.
I was wondering what it might be worth and how to find a collector that might be interested in this.
Thank you, Sandra

Answer
Hi Sandra,

This sign dates to the mid 1980s when the Max Headroom character was used as a Coke promoter for a time. Signs of this size are actually a bit less valuable typically than midsize 3-4 foot signs because they are more difficult to transport and display inside someone's home or garage. As you say though, the condition looks good with strong colors. In terms of value I'd expect something in the $300-400 range most likely but it's a bit unusual so it could be more or less by a bit. In terms of selling it, there's always ebay, but you should investigate or look for a dealer as a potential sale as well for something like this to see if you can save on shipping costs.

Thanks,
Dale Fenton
http://www.advertisingantiques.com

Antique Advertising Items

Dale Fenton