Antique Advertising Items/Vintage Porcelain Sign Values

Question
I am looking to get some information regarding the value of a porcelain sign.  What do I need to give you?  Thanks - Gary

Answer
Hi Gary,

It's pretty simple really, all I need to determine the value is usually going to be a picture of the sign, so that I can see what sign you actually have and what condition it is in. It's always helpful if you can include the dimensions of the sign as well as pictures of both sides and close-ups of any damaged areas.

Vintage porcelain signs can be very valuable.  People often ask if I can just give a "ballpark value" for a sign in mint condition, but it doesn't do anyone any good if I'm thinking of a certain Texaco sign, and you actually have a different one. Similarly, just giving someone a "mint value" or "ballpark" price for porcelain signs can be misleading as some signs are very rare in mint condition, but common in poorer conditions, which would have a high "mint" value but a much lower value in a lesser condition. Meanwhile a sign that exists with many high grade examples already known, will be worth very little to almost nothing if it's in bad shape.  As a porcelain sign collector Iíve seen just about everything, but I still do need pictures just to make sure we are on the same page.

Once you send along some pictures, I'll be happy to help you determine the value!

Thanks,
Dale Fenton

Antique Advertising Items

Dale Fenton