Antique Clocks/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
1901 Isaac Pheils world time clock3/22/2017Tom Williams
  Q: I am looking to find any information regarding a clock I purchased last year. I have been trying to ...
  A: What you have is a very rare clock, I am sure. I could also find no information on it. I even ...
Waterbury clock3/19/2017Barry W Macomber
  Q: I have acquired a (I think) Waterbury clock case at least there is a paper label on the back that ...
  A: I was unable to find a Waterbury like this but it probably is. Clock companies copied designs from ...
mantel clock running fast3/16/2017Tom Williams
  Q: Bulova Tempus Fugit mantel clock running fast,,,about an hour over one week period..I've searched ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in responding but we have had Spring Break grands with us. There are a number ...
Urgos grandfather clock3/6/2017Kenneth Saunders
  Q: The pendulum spring broke. I purchased exact replacement and installed the new one. The pendulum ...
  A: -The pendulum assembly begins at the top with a 1" two legged suspension spring pinned to a brass ...
Antique wall clock3/2/2017Kenneth Saunders
  Q: I was hoping that you could help me with an antique wall clock. It might possibly be a Vienna ...
  A: http://timesavers.com/i-8948718-1-1-2-x-4-leaded-viennaweight-shell-assembly-2-3-4.html ...
Mauthe Clock2/24/2017Tom Williams
  Q: Back in November 2014 you answered a question I had about my 8-day Mauthe Clock (the kind that ...
  A: Some clocks can have their pendulum centered by first leveling the clock case and giving the ...
Seth Thomas movement - pendulum length2/16/2017Kenneth Saunders
  Q: I seek your expert help, to identify a Seth Thomas movement which I bought recently. It was only the ...
  A: probably from a ST regulator wall clock 8 day clock - this might be the pendulum or at least it ...
Gustav Becker Verge Assembly2/3/2017Tom Williams
  Q: Do you know where I might purchase verge with anchor for GB anniversary clock (4 ball pendulum)?
  A: I purchase all of my parts from Timesavers (www.timesavers.com). They list a number of 400 day clock ...
Installing beveled glass in french mantel2/2/2017Daniel Clements
  Q: Mr.Clements,I have an early French mantle barrel clock that needs a beveled glass (I have the ...
  A: We generally send just the bezel to a firm called Tempus Glass in Exmouth Devon. We always remove ...
Howard miller model no 613-1721/30/2017Tom Williams
  Q: I hope some one could answer this, My Grandmother Had a Howard Miller anniversary clock on her ...
  A: We are sending you a link below to questions about Howard Miller clocks. There is a spot where you ...
Clairetta wall clock1/16/2017Tom Williams
  Q: Have you ever repaired a Clairetta wall clock? If so, do you have parts to replace suspension ...
  A: I do not stock parts for clocks but order them as I need them. I would recommend Timesavers ...
miller mantel chiming clock1/12/2017Wayne
  Q: I have a Herman Miller mantel chiming clock with DRPa on movement with DRGM 916380 then with ...
  A: I think you may mean Howard Miller. If Howard Miller Co has a web site I would try there. If not ...
Grandfather clock1/9/2017Daniel Clements
  Q: I have an old grandfather clock that has the hour and 1/2 chime off. On the half it it dongs 8 ...
  A: Generally with German or French movements like this, what you will need to do is this. If the clock ...
Hermle 261-080B pendulum doesn't continue to swing12/14/2016Kenneth Saunders
  Q: I have a 261-080B movement. The clock had stopped and upon removal from wall I noticed the chain was ...
Revere mod 59m3112/10/2016Kenneth Saunders
  Q: Hope you are well I have this rare revere Westminster clock Model 59m31 I have found out a little ...
  A: MODEL 59M31 WHICH IS THE RAREST ROTOR IN THE WORLD RPM 1 WATTS 4 not so rare across the pond! ...
History of my wife's clock12/5/2016Tom Williams
  Q: My wife has her grand daddy's old clock and we were trying to find out some history on it and also ...
  A: I did a bit of research and could not find any information regarding the history of Kadet clocks. ...
escapement wheel teeth number12/2/2016Kenneth Saunders
  Q: I have A Waterbury kitchen clock "Gibson" ca. 1896. The plate is stamped 6 1/2. At one time someone ...
  A: 39 teeth is in my books as correct for the 6 1/2 I will ask my pros on the internet if they have an ...
Seth Thomas pendulum clock about 190611/22/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I have adjusted the pendulum screw all the way up and it still runs too slow. Can I do anything ...
  A: It is apparent your pendulum rod is too long for the movement gear ratios. I am assuming the loss is ...
Identifying a KIENZLE wall clock.11/16/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I am looking for some help in identifying a clock that I recently purchased. The clock in question ...
  A: Listed below are some websites that will help you with learning the history of your clock that are ...
Pearl Grandfather clock chime11/13/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I have a Pearl Grandfather clock that does not "always" chime the correct hour shown on the face. At ...
  A: I recently repaired a clock doing exactly the same thing yours is doing. I tell you what I did and, ...
Clock movement by Landshire10/30/2016Tom Williams
  Q: My Mother recently passed and I found a very heavy, possibly bronze or some metal clock. I'm not ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in responding. I thought I had responded but later discovered I did not. It is ...
number of teeth on escapement wheel10/30/2016Barry W Macomber
  Q: I bought a Waterbury kitchen calendar clock. The movement has been butchered with solder, home made ...
  A: Waterbury used a couple different movements in their gingerbreads. The earlier type is 3 1/8" ...
Round top Bavarian Grandfather clock10/19/2016Tom Williams
  Q: Can you tell me anything about this clock. Brought back from Bamberg, Germany. My Aunt gave it to ...
  A: What you have is a Westminster chime clock, it is powered by three weights. The left one is for the ...
Welby Mantel Clock10/17/2016Kenneth Saunders
  Q: I have inherited a Welby Corporation (Germany) Mantel clock. It is "key wound", marked, Two 2 Jewel ...
  A: probably about 1980 mfg- Welby name got sold and re-sold and was for a while part of Elgin National ...
Norleigh Diamond Clock10/5/2016Kenneth Saunders
  Q: Is it possible to buy new glass covers for the front of this clock?
  A: covers-plural?? the dial glass is either round flat or round convex --can not tell from photos ...
Vintage Bulova clock9/29/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I just picked this clock up at an estate sale, put in a new battery, -and unfortunately it's not ...
  A: The first thing I would try is lubricating the movement. You will need a pen type oiler to avoid ...
Vintage 1950's GE school wall clock9/28/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I'm hoping you can help. I have a lovely vintage GE wall clock from the 1950's in great working ...
  A: The setting stems are generally not available for electric clocks. Rods to make them are available, ...
clockchimes9/23/2016Wayne
  Q: I have a New England wall clock 14 day regulator that is suppose to chime on the hr. and half hr. It ...
  A: If the center of the minute hand is solid with just a hole in it there is nothing much you can do. ...
missing roman number on face9/20/2016Daniel Clements
  Q: I have a brass mantle clock made I guess, by Kienzel clock company in Germany. I have attached two ...
  A: Sorry but I have no idea of where you can buy spare numerals for a clock like this. Try ...
Sessions regulator #29/11/2016Barry W Macomber
  Q: Barry I inherited this regulator #2 from my grandparents and I'm wondering how old it is. I can't ...
  A: Your dates are good. E.N. Welch became Sessions in 1903. I suspect it is fully wound. It should wind ...
Junghans ATO8/30/2016Tom Williams
  Q: My clock doesn't have a battery but is in amazing shape. What year would you say the clock is? It ...
  A: Clocks are always worth more if they are running. sometimes double and even triple the price. Most ...
How to Regulate Mantle Clock Speed8/29/2016Kenneth Saunders
  Q: I have a used Bulova Tempus Fugit winding mantle clock and it runs about 5 minutes fast on the hour. ...
  A: 1977 Hermle #340-020 In the back there is a silver wheel that oscillates back and forth. Hold the ...
How to Adjust Speed for Bulova 340-020 Mantel Clock8/28/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I recently purchased a used Bulova 340-020 Tempus Fugit mantle clock which did not include a manual. ...
  A: The floating balance wheel has a 3 pointed star washer which is rotated on the balance wheel to ...
Collet wallclock8/12/2016Kenneth Saunders
  Q: I found this click on my grandfather things but i can not find any information on the internet, you ...
  A: inlaid mother of pearl ebony wood French Morbier or Morez "toilet seat" or "picture frame" clock ...
Urgos chimes8/10/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I have a Howard Miller grandmother clock with a Urgos movement. Model# uw32/1a. It had not been ...
  A: The first thing to check is the chain where it goes over the drive sprockets. If it will not chime ...
sears roebuck Tradition7/29/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I have a sears roebuck Tradition mantel clock. It says 67 340-00 made in Germany on the inside of ...
  A: The center arbor is for the time function, this is because the hand shaft and the pendulum are at ...
Lanshire self starting clock/lamp7/14/2016Wayne
  Q: my name is Gwin. I recently found a Lanshire self starting model T-3 clock lamp made in u.s.a. info ...
  A: I have not seen a clock like this before so I am not going to be much help to you. I will however ...
clock part7/10/2016Wayne
  Q: A friend of mine moved and she packed away the weights, pendulum and the part that connects the ...
  A: That is a standard part that is used on a lot of different grandfather movements. You should be ...
My Godfather RIP (& life neighbors) Korean clock had bought his wife stopped working6/30/2016Tom Williams
  Q: I really can't explain the person my Godfather & neighbor was & IS TO ME!! To try & explain who he ...
  A: I would try oiling the pivot points where the staffs come through the movement side plates. This ...
Need Date of Mfg for ISGUS floor clock6/22/2016Wayne
  Q: Have a 3 weight full rod chime ISGUS floor clock (grandfather). Serial number on movement is 27195. ...
  A: Sometimes the date is stamped on the back of the movement on clocks. If there is no date, you can ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

Top Expert on this page