Antique Clocks/1926 Gustav Becker Hall Clock

ian wrote at 2013-08-17 10:35:02

I have an almost identical Gustav Becker clock. It was bought for me the day I was born. I would get about 2000 sterling today for it... perhaps at auction more. It has to be a very, very close sibling to your clock and I imagine they left the factory the same year. I have just had it balanced and unfortunately did not take the serials numbers etc when it was out of the case. If you would like a photo of it then feel free to email me My clock is in very good condition, services every 5 or 6 years... if yours is in good condition I would price it the same as mine. Hope this answers your question.. other than sending pictures to an antique clock expert, which is not too difficult a thing to do, I think this is as close as you will get to a price. Regardless, it is a beautiful piece of craftmanship and will run for 3 to 4 hundred years.

Antique Clocks

I can answer MOST questions pertaining to clock problems and repair. I cannot answer any questions pertaining to watches, or of that matter. If you would like your clock appraised, I will do the best I can to tell you its current worth, and as for aging, I will be MORE than willing to help you, but please, have photos of your clock to send; it doesnt matter how good of a description you give me, I still need to see a photo of the clock. I also do not have the knowledge of the cosmetic care of clocks. Most clocks are made of wood, but if you need to know an answer about the care of the wood casing of your clock, you may look up other experts on this site, that have the expertise in wood care, and they will be able to help you.

I have been fixing, and collecting clocks for 10 years. I specialize in the repair of cuckoo clocks, 31 Day clocks (both American AND Foreign) 400 Day aka Anniversary Clocks, Most 8-Day clocks, and Most Mechanically driven clocks with a chime (Keywound, or weight powered).

N.A.W.C.C (National Association of Clock and Watch Collectors)