Antique Clocks/Junghans Westminster Chimes Mantel Clock

Vince wrote at 2014-10-13 21:49:07
Hi Guys,

I have just come across your posting on this Junghans Exacta floating balance...I have a mantel clock with triple chime supporting this floating balance...I found your postings to be very interesting and helpfull, my problem is, the movement was going just fine until one morning i noticed it was gaining 15 mins plus every hour, I cannot slow the movement down any more as it cannot go any further..why would it suddenly do this.. is it something to do with the hair spring, or the very thin wire that goes down the centre of the top screw/tube..The pics that you have posted Hookster are the exact same as the balance im having troubles with..where i live no one will touch it...

Antique Clocks

David Morgan

Restoration and repair of ALL mechanical clocks and music boxes.

Teacher and founder of the NAWCC suitcase program as well as teaching at the school of horology NAWCC. Owner and operator of antique clock repair in New Jersey for 30 years

Past President of the NAWCC (1997-1999) member and still active for 38 years,,,Awi,,Bhi

NAWCC Bulletin

school of horology teacher,,learned from a masterclock maker in the UK. Graduate of the columbia school of horology

Silver Star Fellow and Fellow NAWCC

Private practice,,and Howard Miller service center