Antique Clocks/Seth Thomas Grandfather clock

Jay wrote at 2013-03-26 01:26:17
I have inherited what I thought was a 1912 Seth Thomas grandfather clock butI checked out in a catalog, the only picture that looke just like it, says it is a 1908 model. Anyway, I noticed you were asking about price. I was just on here looking to see if I could find a photo of mine on the internet and I couldn't. I have been told my clock should be in the Smithsonian. I played hide and seek in mine when I was a kid too! That is sooo cool!

Now, to answer your question... I agree with the answer posted before mine, "...keep it in the family!" because what you have is an heirloom "priceless". Since your clock was custom made, you probably won't find it priced in the catalog. Your clock must be worth more than mine as your is one of a kind (I might dare to say double or triple the monetary value of mine). In the catalog, it says mine is worth $25,000. I should have looked at the copy right date in the catalog. It might be worth more now.

I wonder if there is a way to know how many there are left. As eluded to before, the clock is worth more as an heirloom than it is as a collector's item butI would be interested in parting with mine for a house with acreage.  

Antique Clocks

David Morgan