Antique Clocks/Herschede grandfather clock

LouisXVI wrote at 2013-01-21 04:48:29
Hello, passed by this site, after reviewing a few other sites of Antique Clock Dealers who work on Herschede. A few sites gave a history on the company. I was looking at a clock that the seller said was a Ridgeway and in fact the case and dial are like a Herschede but, not as old as the fine clocks you reference. None the less, this is a massive well made clock for a reasonable price.

The seller said his was a 2600 and so, I was looking at available serial numbers. The clock I was viewing is said to be only 27 years old, so, recent serial numbers which I have learned are difficult to obtain, due to changes in the company. You mentioned your antique had number 260, which was actually produced in 1915, not 1929.

If it  were 2600 it was 1933. The earliest are of course the most valuable made by Frank Herschede. The later ones were by his sons. Frank died 1922. If your clock is from 1915, the Gothic one is quite rare and you are have a clock in at least the 30,000-60,000.00 range. Could be more at auction.

Antique Clocks

Silverdollar Productions

Silverdollar Productions Specializes in the Repairs of Revere, Telechron, Herschede, and GE Electric Clocks.

<All experts picture

Silverdollar Productions Website:
The internets only website dedicated to Revere and GE Westminster Clocks.

Revere and General Electric Westminster Clocks: Repairing and Pricing
Telechron and General Electric Non-Chiming Clocks: Repairing and Pricing.

Ebay "WARNING" Guides can be found on the EXPERIENCE section of our Profile.

Our specific area of expertise lies in Telechron, General Electric non-chiming clocks, Revere and GE Westminster clocks. We DO NOT SPECIALIZE IN GERMAN OR OTHER FORIEGN CLOCKS! Due to inaccuracy in online descriptions, we cannot appraise a clock without having it in our possession first. However, we are able to identify and provide information about these clocks based on either the model number or photograph.

We have been producing fine handcrafted items for almost 30 years. Our clocks can be found in just about every state in the country and in many countries abroad. We offer a series of Vintage, Restored, Reconditioned, and Reproduction clocks, plus Parts, Cases, GE/Telechron/Revere/Herschede Repair Service for Westminster, non-chiming, and alarm clocks.

3-year apprenticing from a master clockmaker. Since this particular field of Horology is pretty much ignored, we took it upon ourselves to learn just about every aspect of a Telechron Powered Clock. In addition, we have a state-of-the-art wood making shop in Florida operated by a Master Wood Crafter.

Since our introducing our Telechron services to the internet in spring 2005, we have had the opportunity to restore and sell hundreds of these clocks in a short period of time. Our client base not only includes Telechron Collectors, but also individuals discovering family heirlooms stashed in attics and basements. We are proud to have brought back to life dead clocks that were owned by peoples parents, grandparents, and even great-grandparents.

Ebay Buyers Warning Guides.

With 221,106 pages views as of Jan. 1, 2010, this particular Guide is the most read on Ebay concerning Antique Clocks. Antique Clocks on Ebay: Red Flag Signals in Descriptions.

When Considering a Revere, General Electric or Telechron Clock off of Ebay, learn to read between the sellers lines: What's Really Wrong with the Clock.

Pennsylvania Fake Clock Dial Scam continues to dupe Buers. Fake Clock Dials PART 1, PART 2 and PART 3