You are here:

Antique Clocks/elgin clock westminster reuglator wall clock quartz chime


Dick Dell wrote at 2009-10-04 22:50:47
I believe that I have the same kind of clock. There is a leather 'hinge at the top. At the bottom is a small "L" bracket with two screws. Remove one of the screws and the whole front will swing up to access the hands for adjustment or replacement.

Pat wrote at 2014-02-28 20:20:12
I have the same clock as Patsy, funny that's my name.  I have found the exact same problem.  I have found the right part and yes, the whole item has to be replaced. It will restore my old timey chime exactly.  It is standard and can be purchased online in the one place I found.  I guess it isn't proper for me to give the name.

Antique Clocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Martin Meyer


Can answer repair and service questions for most types of clocks, antique and modern, mechanical and battery. NO appraisals, identification, history, dating, or questions about cuckoo clocks or watches. Website for Modern and Antique Clock Repair:


23 Years as owner and repairman of clock repair business, 28 years in the field. Factory Independent Service Center for Howard Miller, Ridgeway and (formerly) Sligh Clocks. Specializing in Fine Antique Longcase (grandfather) clocks. Clock Repair Website (Please remove "Not" from the address - this is a spam protection):

AWCI (American Watchmakers and Clockmakers Institute) and NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors)

Trained by a former Rolex Asia watchmaker, and by a Master Watchmaker/Clockmaker.

©2017 All rights reserved.