Antique Clocks/Seth Thomas # 2 Regulator clock

carter wrote at 2010-04-18 06:30:50
This Seth Thomas # 2 was a re-issue of their # 2 regulator from the late 1800's.  There were 4000 of these clocks made in the late 1970's.  They had movements just like the original # 2 rectangular # 61 movements.  These clocks sold for $360 in the 1970's.  I bought 3 of them and kept them for several years.  You can now find them from time to time on ebay and they usually go for $800 or so.  They are nice clocks but not of the quality either in the cases or movement as the originals.  As with most things today, they just don't make them like they used to. I eventually bought an antique cherry # 2 reg. and it is a much nicer clock in all regards than the re-issue.

craig001 wrote at 2013-04-27 21:56:05
It is a reproduction released in the 1970's.  The give away is the card with No. 2239 of 4000 on it.  They released 4000 reproductions.  

Antique Clocks

David E Booth Jr, t/a Precision Repair

I can answer questions about repair and maintenance for all brass and wooden movement American clocks, and wooden movement "Black Forest" clocks made between 1700 and 1900. I will not do valuations, as there are too many variables without seeing the item in person, and knowing the area in which it will be insured or sold.

I have been repairing clocks and pocket watches professionally since 1980, when I started working part time for a certified Master Clock and Watchmaker, Robert Goodman. I am charged with upkeep maintenance and repair of the City of Westminster's Tower Clock. There have been several articles published in the local papers about my efforts to restore that clock.

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors (member since 1980) Horological Association of Maryland

Certificate of Completion US Navy School of Music Class A School, 1964 AA, pre-teacher Ed/history , Catonsville Community College, 1970 BS Geogrephy/Geology Towson State College 1975 Maryland Professional Engineer (civil) License, August 1998

City of Westminster, Carroll County, Maryland