Antique Clocks/Hoping to receive info on newly acquired clock

Heather wrote at 2015-09-07 02:08:44
Good evening Amy and to you to Chris, First of all thank you Amy for putting your information on Seth Thomas web site about your clock as well the picture of your clock. I to have a Seth Thomas Eight Day Half Four Strike No 296A and mine looks the same like yours, to get parts for it if available you might be able to use No 298A. My Clock was purchased back in Feb 1911 it was my Great Great Grand Mothers and has been passed down 5 Generations on my Mamas side. and yes I am the 5th generation to receive it. Mine has the alarm which I found out recently when I turned the key connected to it shortly after it went off and surprised the holy day lights out of me. It all original never been refinished 104 yrs old. The original paper on the back is not all there but most of it is and still readable. I know to set the time use the min hand not the hour hand what I could read from the paper. Also the wood is Walnut color. Thank you Chris I now know its a Ginger Bread Clock style and that was helpful for me as well.  Again thank you both for your helpful input and information

Sincerely Heather  

Antique Clocks

Chris Hemmer

Please Read following( Please Note the only questions I do not answer are how do I repair my clock case. (Trade Secerts), I will try to help you with Historical Info and Mechinical Info were I'm Able. Repairing and Restorations Of Antique Clocks. I have updated contact info my email address is and my business phone 607-239-6415. I completely restore antique clock cases using only Antique wood,when I'm finished you would never know the difference taking great pride in doing the job right. I'm pretty much a all around clock guy. Photos always help in asking questions if you can. You can also contact me directly threw my web site, web site is under construction.In which I buy sell trade Antique Time Recorders. Have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting all experts web site.

25 Years In Antique Restorations Of wood And Clock Repair

my web site is under contruction, I'm self taught, Handling Clock Watch And wood restorations.

Client List is private.