Antique Clocks/Identifying Seth Thomas clock

JustMe wrote at 2013-05-05 15:30:44
If it does have "Division of General Time Instruments Corp" on the label it was made from 1930-49.

Those marked "Division General Time Corp." were made from 1949-70.

Information from Roy Ehrhardt's "Official Price Guide to Antique Clocks" (Google him)

Mkayk wrote at 2013-08-05 20:09:06
I have a Seth Thomas Kenbury mantle clock.  It no longer worked, 1 1/2 hands were missing.  I took it to a specialist in Berea Ohio because local repair shops did not want to take it on.

Suburban Clock shop in Berea returned this clock to it's original beauty.  I spent $328 but the chimes are the most beautiful I've ever heard, and I have a Necor 31 day with chime and a BlackForest 24-hr Cuckoo from 1970.

Antique Clocks

Steve Skibicki

I have experience in all phases and types of clock repair. My shop specializes in the repair of cuckoo clocks both modern and antique. We rebuild movements instead of replacing. Keep your clock original inside and out Please visit my website at

Twenty four years as a full time repairman and restorer

Clockmakers Newsletter

School of Clock Repair and Restoration