Antique Clocks/clock identity

I Repair Clocks wrote at 2012-11-03 20:32:48
Actually I completely disagree with the assessment of value. Yes, it is a German novelty clock, however, it is from the late 40s through 50s. It was part of a line of novelty clocks showing a vintage kitchen shadow box. They came with a lot of options. The similar one I have in my collection actually lights up. There are collectors out there the specialize in just these types of clocks. Yes as a clock, they leave a lot to be desired, but it's all about the whimsy aspect when it comes to collecting this type of clocks. Think of them more as a spot of entertainment rather than something to set your watch by. Your valuation for this particular one is between $70 to $150 to the right collector.

Antique Clocks

David Morgan

Restoration and repair of ALL mechanical clocks and music boxes.

Teacher and founder of the NAWCC suitcase program as well as teaching at the school of horology NAWCC. Owner and operator of antique clock repair in New Jersey for 30 years

Past President of the NAWCC (1997-1999) member and still active for 38 years,,,Awi,,Bhi

NAWCC Bulletin

school of horology teacher,,learned from a masterclock maker in the UK. Graduate of the columbia school of horology

Silver Star Fellow and Fellow NAWCC

Private practice,,and Howard Miller service center