Antique Clocks/Chime sequence

Question
Hello, I have my family's grandfather clock in for repair with a local repair man.  The clock has a Peerless "one million" movement, and what I think to be called a triple chime.  He serviced the clock , and due to broken chime rods from a move a few years ago, replaced all of the rods in our original block.  When he returned it, he ran the chime, and it does not seem to me to play the correct notes of the Westminster chime.  The "tune" is right, but the notes seem off.  He has spent much time going over with me the workings of the drum mechanism that runs the chimes, and following orders etc.  I think I understand how it is supposed to work, and I believe it to be working fine.  My question is:  Can the 8 chime rods be installed in the block in an order other than shortest to longest or vise versa?  I am thinking that if we reoriented the rods, the chime would work out fine, he seems to disagree, and that they are always in order.  I have found some pictures on the web that would indicate otherwise, but I can't find anything concrete for my specific clock... I think I am frustrating him a bit, but I want it to be right. Can you help?

Answer
the Westminster has 4 decending notes only on the quarter after.  the first rod hit is the shortest going to the longest --if this is happening then those four rods are in the right place and the rest of the Westminster should be correct on the other quarters--the rods however might be out of tune! did he buy a tuned set of rods? what title do the other 8 note tunes have?

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders