Antique Clocks/Clock Chime

My chime works fine it just sounds beer can tinny all of a sudden- like its dusty or need oil....we had a real good clock repairman locally that tuned it up for me once but he has since retired or disappeared- and are other man is rediculous $$$ I hear...

There are many reasons for the chime to sound off or tinny . One or more of the rods may be too close to another causing contact during a chime or when someone walks by resulting in a tinny sound. A hammer maybe hitting a rod off center and instead of the nylon or leather the brass is contacting the rod causing a bad sound. There are other causes also.
There are many repair people out in the world. Many of them lack true repair skills and their charges reflect skill level. The best people are in demand and they charge for their skill and time.  

Antique Clocks

Steve Skibicki

I have experience in all phases and types of clock repair. My shop specializes in the repair of cuckoo clocks both modern and antique. We rebuild movements instead of replacing. Keep your clock original inside and out Please visit my website at

Twenty four years as a full time repairman and restorer

Clockmakers Newsletter

School of Clock Repair and Restoration