Antique Clocks/korean made 31 day gold trimmed wall clock

Hi there Tom,
I'd like ur opinion if I may on a lovely looking antique 31 day wall clock
I'll send a photo for you to see.
I just want to know it's vintage and style.
It says above the 6 Korea and below the 12 the word "unique".
I can't find any engravings to tell me the maker.
Looking forward to hearing from you

I happen to have one of these clocks in my collection. They began building these shortly after the end of the Korean war in the mid 50's and are possibly still building them today. With the shelves beneath it is obviously a wall clock style.

Merritts ( shows a number of wall clocks beginning on page 215 of their online catalog. They refer to some of these as regulator clocks - those with pressed wood trim are referred to as gingerbread clocks - the term regulator seems to take in a variety of styles but I believe the term regulator applies to clocks that can be hung on a wall.

Again, it is difficult to spot the exact age as the case style varied quite a bit - but the movement was not changed as they had a good design which worked quite well.

I bought my clock, not working, as the speed governor for the strike had disintegrated. I tried to buy a replacement but wound up making a new one out of metal to replace the plastic one that came with the clock. I hope you do not run into this problem, if so I can probably tell you how to fix this.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family