Antique Clocks/Attaching a Pendulum

Question
We are trying to figure out how to attach the pendulum to a Volta Grandfather Clock that belonged to my husbands grandmother.  We just received it from his aunt and she had removed the pendulum and the weights for it to be transported.  We have been able to put the weights back on but can not figure out how the bar that holds the pendulum attaches to the clock.  Thank you for your assistance with this as we can't wait to get it working so we can listen to the chime.

Answer
Hermle suspension
Hermle suspension  
The attached image shows the suspension arrangement for a Hermle movement. Yours may vary slightly in appearance but the general nomenclature will be the same. If the suspension spring is bent or broken it must be replaced. Hang the pendulum from the bottom of the pendulum hanger or leader then follow the instructions here to make sure it is in beat-
http://mb.nawcc.org/showwiki.php?title=Beat_Setting_101
If the clock fails to stay running after setting the beat the movement probably needs to be serviced. Clocks of this type should be professionally cleaned & overhauled every 10-12 years to keep them in good running condition.

Antique Clocks

Steve Guthrie C.C.