Antique Clocks/clock

i have a old clocl about 6ft it has westminster cock and some kind of radio all tubes do you know anything about these

The grandfather clock radios were quite popular during the late 1920's and early 1930's. Radios then were quire bulky as they used globe type tubes the size of light bulbs and paper dielectric capacitors and multiple chokes in the power supply.  They were built by most of the radio manufacturers including RCA, General Electric, Atwater Kent and Philco.  I believe Zenith made them, too.

Sounds like you have a nice collectors item. Many of these did not survive with the radio in tact. I collect both radios and clocks and have the service literature, which I can send you at no charge, if you can send me the make and model number of the radio.  

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

I do not know that any of these radios were controlled by the clock as the modern clock radios are. The clock and radio function were strictly independent of each other. I believe the clocks were all electric and did not use a pendulum or weights as this lower area was occupied by the radio.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family