Antique Clocks/enfield granddaughter clock

QUESTION: clock is in balance, but will not run when it gets to the half hour mark, you can reset it to the hour part and it works fine. what is wrong/ thanks

ANSWER: I am only an expert in pre C1800 clocks and I would need a picture, sounds like it is short of power as the clock has to do more work when the minute hand goes uphill. Some that are borderline on power have counter balanced hands as a result. Movement may need service etc or just not setup correctly

QUESTION: you can touch the hands and the clock will start ticking. dont understand why

If you touch the hands, I.e. the minute hand you will give the clock slightly more power. If the clock is in beat the tick and tock equal and no hands are touching the dial and the clock has been properly oiled, it may be time for the clock to have a proper service.

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements

All questions about pre C1820 UK antique clocks. For the type of clock I can answer questions about, see if your clock is something like one on our website http://

I run a large family UK antique clocks business

We offer a full in house money back guarantee that all our antiques are genuine

Sunday Times Business Section and othe press

All my life working in , restoring and selling genuine antique clocks from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries

My father was the clocks consultant up to 1984 of millers antiques price guide. I have appeared on tv and in national newspapers

Many V.I.P clients from UK and overseas