Antique Clocks/Repair parts

I have a Colonial wheat mantle clock purchased around 1979. In a move the ring that holds the front glass in place broke.  The glass is still intact as is the brass ring that surrounds it.  What broke was the plastic insert that held the glass in place (to the brass ring) and connected it to the hinge portion at the top just above the dial.  The dial opening is 6 1/2 inches across.  Can replacement parts still be purchased for these?

Thank you very much for your time

Something that comes up on ocassion and I don't know of any clock parts supplier that carries this. Your best hope is to shop Ebay for same size bezels from that time period, most were made of brass instead of plastic, some were a flexible plastic strip that presses into place. Either would be a good replacement. Check with a local glass shop and see if they have any good suggestions for mounting the glass in the bezel

Antique Clocks

Steve Guthrie C.C.

A.W.C.I. Certified Clockmaker with 35 years of experience. I can answer clock repair or maintenance related questions. Please don't expect answers advising the use of bubble gum, bailing wire or WD-40. I only give advice that is meant to preserve your clock in the best possible condition, not make it worse. No questions regarding clock value or identification. I am not a collector and cannot do valuations. Visit my website at:

Clock repairman in the north Texas area for 35 years. Certification as a Clockmaker through the AWCI since 1986.

I was featured in an article by the Watch&Clock Review regarding my restoration of a tower clock for the Wise County courthouse in Decatur, Tx.

Certification as a clockmaker with the American Watchmakers/Clockmakers Institute since 1986.

General public,Six Flags Over Texas,Collin County,Tx.,Wise County,Tx.,Rapides Bank,Rapides Parrish,La.