Antique Clocks/speed adjusment

Question
How much and in which directions do I turn the speed adjustment on my 1912 (rather plain-faced) Ingraham mantel clock?

Answer
The speed adjustment is generally turned clockwise to speed up the clock and counter clockwise to slow it down. Clocks where the adjustment is through the face usually have an F for faster and S for slower designation slightly above the center of the hole through which the key is inserted. However, this is quite often unreadable especially after 100 years. I would try turning it about a 1/4 turn and see what that does.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams