Antique Clocks/Spring in barrel

Barrel pic
Barrel pic  

Barrel pic2
Barrel pic2  
Sorry Steve, i did not attach the pictures regarding removing Barrel without the disassemble the clock mechanism

it would appear that this type may have removeable winding arbors which would allow replacement of the spring without disassembly of the rest of the movement. You need to be sure the mainspring has NO tension on it before removing the click wheel and pulling the arbor out. If it won't pull out, the arbor is one piece and the movement must be taken apart for replacement. I don't advise attempting to remove the old spring from the barrel or install a new one without a mainspring winder.

Antique Clocks

Steve Guthrie C.C.

A.W.C.I. Certified Clockmaker with 35 years of experience. I can answer clock repair or maintenance related questions. Please don't expect answers advising the use of bubble gum, bailing wire or WD-40. I only give advice that is meant to preserve your clock in the best possible condition, not make it worse. No questions regarding clock value or identification. I am not a collector and cannot do valuations. Visit my website at:

Clock repairman in the north Texas area for 35 years. Certification as a Clockmaker through the AWCI since 1986.

I was featured in an article by the Watch&Clock Review regarding my restoration of a tower clock for the Wise County courthouse in Decatur, Tx.

Certification as a clockmaker with the American Watchmakers/Clockmakers Institute since 1986.

General public,Six Flags Over Texas,Collin County,Tx.,Wise County,Tx.,Rapides Bank,Rapides Parrish,La.