Antique Clocks/Grandfather clock by John Fletcher Barnsley

Question
John Fletcher Barnsley
John Fletcher Barnsley  
Hi There
Not sure if you can help but here goes i have been doing my ancestry for the last few years and found i have quite a lot of watch & clockmakers in my family from the barnsley area, Ie Tobias Fletcher 1782 to 1841 my 5th grandad his brother Thomas Fletcher 1780 to 1890 and there father Tobias Fletcher 1751 to 1811 ? 1813, I know his father was John Fletcher born leeds abt 1716 but no little else about John but believe he may also have been a clockmaker and have recently come across this clock made i think around 1740 and was wondering if you could tell me anything about it.
Kind regards Richard

Answer
I would need to see the arch from the back to see if it is genuine to the dial, some arches have been added later to fit a different case. The picture to the arch is unusual. If the maker is genuine to the rest of the dial, the date of the rest of the dial is around C1790 not the date you mention

Regards

Daniel Clements

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements