Antique Clocks/Value & how to sell E. Lauffer Grandfather clock

clock plate
clock plate  
QUESTION: I have a E. Lauffer floor Grandfather clock. Could you help me with the value and some tips on selling it. One of the weights need repair. These weights are solid silver
thank you

ANSWER: We specialise in pre C.1800 antique clocks as per my description. I would not know how you would sell this, I would probably use eBay if I we you I guess. The weights I am sure will not be solid silver but probably plated.

QUESTION: Thank u ! Could u give me an estimated value ?

I would not be the best to ask as I deal in pre c1810 antique clocks and have a limited knowledge of this area sorry, as per my description. I noticed a clock for sale that was similar with an estimate  $900 - $1,600
Starting Bid $450 This was from 2006.  

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements

All questions about pre C1820 UK antique clocks. For the type of clock I can answer questions about, see if your clock is something like one on our website http://

I run a large family UK antique clocks business

We offer a full in house money back guarantee that all our antiques are genuine

Sunday Times Business Section and othe press

All my life working in , restoring and selling genuine antique clocks from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries

My father was the clocks consultant up to 1984 of millers antiques price guide. I have appeared on tv and in national newspapers

Many V.I.P clients from UK and overseas