Antique Clocks/G.B. Clock era

Question
GB clock
GB clock  

Top of the bar that hammer strikes
Top of the bar that ha  
Hello and thanks for the service you provide.I have an antique looking clock that has G.B. at the top of the strike post and the movement has P 35 stamped on it.The clock runs and strikes the hours perfectly.I am sending pictures and would really like to know what year this clock was made.The wood working seems to be Gustov Baker.

Answer
We could find nothing on Gustav Baker clocks, however, there is a Gustav Becker clock manufacturing company and the website to the history of the company is below.

http://www.clockguy.com/SiteRelated/SiteReferencePages/GustavBeckerHistory.html

the design of cases varied quite a bit over the last 200 years but the evolution of movements was much slower.  The most significant change in movements occurred about 100 years ago with the development of the rack and snail movements. These clocks automatically synchronize the chime with the hands while previous movements using the counting wheel had to have this done if they got out of sync.

From my experience, most German clocks seem to use enclosed mainsprings (using a barrel to contain the spring).  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams