Antique Clocks/Junghans Wall clock - part needed

Question
Picture of Junghans wall clock
Picture of Junghans wa  
Picture of  Junghans wall clock
Picture of Junghans w  
QUESTION: Good morning, Steve.
I am trying to help my father to locate a part for his old antique Junghans wall clock.  The markings on the back of the clock body says     W.64   Junghans  AAAA
         Made in Germany
         102 / 26
         385
I also have the three pictures of the back of the clock (see attached), the middle hole (he thinks it is for Clock Movement) where he can the spring is broken.  Do you know where we can get the parts?  We contacted the factory directly but due to language barrier, we could get the factory to sell the springs (the middle Clock Movement and the other two) to us directly.  Can you please help?  Thank you!

Frank Lu
(214) 616-2800

ANSWER: For an older movement like this, mainsprings and suspension springs are readily available from parts houses like Timesavers or Merritts. Other components have to be hand finished to fit from generic replacements or new parts made such as gears or pinions by a Master Clockmaker.

QUESTION: Thank you very much Steve for your quick response.
Where would I be able to purchase the 3rd Clock Movement spring (that's one in the middle)? This middle one the Clock Movement spring, is it a mainspring or is it a suspension spring?  Thank you if you can give me a little more guidance.  

Frank Lu

Answer
The mainspring in the center is for the time train and is available from the suppliers previously mentioned. They'll need the measurements, length, width & thickness. Please note that I don't advise mainspring replacement without the proper equipment such as a mainspring winder. Mainsprings contain considerable potential energy even when unwound in the barrel and can cause injury when not handled correctly.

Antique Clocks

Steve Guthrie C.C.