Antique Clocks/Kundo clock stopping

Hello, I'm trying to fix my friends Kundo Anniversary Clock with a broken suspension spring. There are no serial numbers on the clock only the following on the back plate. Keininger Oberfell. Made in Germany. no [0] jewels unadjusted. Clock is 7" tall, 4 3/4" diameter at brass base and 3" white dial face with golden numbers and Kundo on top of face. Bought a set of suspension springs, thickness 0.0018", the same thickness as the old broken one. Got length ok and fitted it but it rapidly lost time. Have increased time dial to abolute maximum and it still runs slow. Comes to a complete stop after about 1/2 hour. D o you think the old spring was the wrong size? Maybe a thicker one will swing the pendulum better and then I can re-adjust the slow/fast disc. All workings are clean and dry [no oil etc] I calculated the susp spring length at 2 13/16" [71mm], is this the correct length? Looking forward to your expert opinion. Best Regards, Graeme.

I would never attempt repair of these whithout "the Book":

looking in the book -- I see the KO units all use .0032  and the smaller mini-KO units .0023

so I think either your measurement is off or the original was wrong--

what do you mean" All workings are clean and dry [no oil etc]" you NEED to oil the pivots and the escape anchor pallets?
I calculated the susp spring length at 2 13/16" [71mm], is this the correct length?-Seems like this is totally wrong by 1/2 too short- what are you measuring? from where to where--

pick up the book some where  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.