Antique Clocks/ra clock

Tom, i am looking the part that the pendulum hangs from on an ra wall clock.  The clock is about 14" and the part is about 1/2 long and 1/4 wide and has 2 very thin pieces of metal sandwiched between some dense material has a hole at the top and a pin at the bottom where the pendulum hangs having a hard time finding this if you could head me in the right direction would be alot of help.

I assume you are referring to the suspension spring which provides the pivoting action for the pendulum. Page 103 and 104 of Merritts ( a number of suspension springs. You should be able to bring these up online.  Item #P-21.2 measures 5/8 of an inch tall and #P-21.7 measures 13/16 of an inch tall. I hope this takes care of your needs.

The most common cause of broken suspension springs is transporting the clock with the pendulum hanging on its hook. Be certain if anyone handles your clock in the future removes the pendulum bob before subjecting it to any movement that might result in jarring.

Merritts has a great many other things including furniture polish and lubricants. I have had good success using sewing machine oils for lubricating clocks but their clock oils might be a bit better. They also have mainspring grease on page 188. The item #P-648 seems like a good bargain for spring lubricant.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family