Antique Clocks/Seth Thomas A300-100 versus A300-006

Question
The object here is a replacement electric motor for the Seth Thomas A300-006 movement. The motor in my 006 movement presently works but it is just a matter of time before it fails. Replacement motors don't seem to exist for the 006 movement but do exist for the A300-100 movement. Do you know if the A300-100 motor would work in the A300-006 movement? Little to no document seems to be out there for me to determine that.

Thanks

Answer
Unfortunately, my collection of clocks is in IL and I am in FL right now so I cannot check to determine the similarities between Seth Thomas movements. As I remember, all of my Seth Thomas electric clocks use low speed motors which are quite reliable. The only thing that does seem to wear is the pivot in the matching side plate which carries one end of the motor staff. Sometimes the gear staff which is driven by the motor will wear excessively. The pivot at the coil end of the motor staff often gets gummy but seems to not wear to where it is unusable. If it did wear excessively, it could be rebushed also.

Sorry I was not able to give you a definite answer regarding the motor changeability, however I do believe the coils are the same. These coils seem to virtually never give any trouble.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams