Antique Clocks/anniversary clock.

Question
have a clock, looks like Lchatz anniversary clock. the suspension spring broke, no 0j434le unadjusted above that is(2)R's  below is 9   52    then on the right side is jahresuhrenfabril, 49 in center and germany on the bottom of the circle.. how hard to fix this suspension spring. and what size of spring do i buy?  what tools would i need? am new to this OR SHOULD I TAKE IT TO GET IT FIXED? . wanted to say THANK YOU AGAIN FOR HELPING WITH MY MANTEL CLOCK.. RUNS GREAT NOW.

Answer
Schatz  no jewels unadjusted

september 1952

call these folks, get the whole unit-- put it in with the little bolt at the top that comes in from the side:

http://timesavers.com/i-8946273-6789-schatz-standard-49-suspension-unit.html

the next trick is the adjustment of the "beat" ie the rotation - left-right

the top nut loosens to allow the top round block to rotate left and right so you can find the center point where the overswing left beyond the tick is equal to the overswing right beyond the tock.   

your choice on if getting a pro to do it - the adjustment can be tricky- but if you put the new ss unit on, at least the pro will only have to do the adjustments- should save some cash.

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders