Antique Clocks/Sessions Clock Model D, Westminster Chime, electic

Question
Near the transformer there is a small shape barrel, the top screws off, it looks like u put oil in it (not sure). Also it runs a little slow, is it because it needs oiled ?
Thanks Vince

Answer
I would guess what you are referring to is a gear case. I would take the top off and look inside and if it contains gears I would lubricate them with a household oil such a sewing machine oil.If you need further information, please send me a photograph of the movement and I will get back with you.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams