Antique Clocks/Seikosha 14 day

I was wondering if you could tell me how to wind this clock. I have the key but it doesn't turn. My father has always done this chore and is no longer able to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If the key wont turn I would guess that it is either wound tightly already or you may be turning in the wrong direction.  It will only wind in one direction. One side could wind one direction and the other side may wind in the opposite direction or both the same.  You should place the pendulum on the clock and see if it will run.  If it does, it should run for almost two weeks.
If it will not run sometimes you can remove the pendulum and push start the shaft that the pendulum hangs on.  It may run without the pendulum. Let it run for as long as it will run and then hang the pendulum back on the shaft and see if it will run.  Sometimes when springs get wound too tightly they will not release easily.  Let me know what you find.

Please visit our web site:

Antique Clocks

I will answer any clock repair questions to the best of my ability but not appraisal questions.

I have been repairing mechanical and electric clocks for over 25 years.

I am a current expert in the small appliance catagory.

BS Education

We have been in business in the Madison, Wi. area for over 30 years.