Antique Clocks/Antique wall clock runs fast-cannot adjust

Francis T Rozario wrote at 2013-12-25 06:41:50
Try adding another nut at the bottom where you adjust, that could be the problem. Some clocks actually have about two nuts one the adjusting nut and another that on which this adjusting nut sits on it may add some weight and solve your problem.

Steve wrote at 2013-12-29 13:50:27
Thanks for the answer. Efforts to properly adjust the clock' speed were finally successful when I turned the small protruding shaft , found at the top of the face of the clock and just above the XII time marker, in a counter-clockwise direction and much more than earlier attempted. This action effectively lengthened the  suspension spring that the rod was attached to and thus slowed the clock... more than required. Then, I  was able to fine-tuned the speed by moving the bob up the rod, increasing the speed to the desired setting.

Antique Clocks

Wayne